Monday, June 27, 2011

New York Adventures

Hello!!! I'm so sorry for the absence! It has been such a whirlwind in NYC! But I guess there's no surprises there. I started my internship last week and so far it's... okay. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I'm still giving it a chance. Last week I was helping with a start up fashion line called Monika Chiang. It hasn't launched yet so there's not much information about it but stay tuned! The first store is opening in L.A. in September.I was definitely less harassed than Andy but I did have to go running around the city to find a chain and then I was sent to go pick up a purse at somebody's apartment! It felt a little like the Devil Wears Prada but with nicer people.
Over the weekend I got to escape the chaos of the city and help out at a charity polo tournament. It's a whole other world! Aston Martins casually driving on the field with the polo players walking behind, women wearing labels and hats like you wouldn't believe (think along the lines of the royal wedding), men bold enough to wear bright coloured pants, auction items that take you to Saint-Tropez or on a Mandarin Oriental tour of Thailand! More pictures to come but here are two for you...This fancy crowd ate and lunched under this tent while cheering on their polo teams!
I know that's a small taste but more to come!

No comments: