Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Whale Watching, Steveston, B.C.

Two years ago, I went whale watching... twice. And I didn't see any whales. I saw a porpoise here and there, seals, bald eagles, sea gulls... but no whales. Good thing there is a lifetime guarantee! I finally made good on that guarantee, hopped on the zodiac boat for almost five hours with my cousin and finally saw orca whales! They are really difficult to catch on camera though.

Mount Baker in Washington State...Of course, seals...It was really cold. My cousin was pretty well bundled though!
And fins. Lots of fin shots but I won't bore you with all of those...well, just a few.This is the closest one swam to our zodiac! Very cool!
Actually caught a bit of the white colouring! Except there wasn't enough time to actually look through the lens...
The sun was starting to set and one whale got really close to another boat, showing it's size!

No comments: