Saturday, June 4, 2011
So Jessica W.N. has kindly provided some answers about what makeup brands work well and don't completely break the bank!OOO0o0. Well, it depends what products you are getting.
For face products, I would recommend:
- Revlon foundation (Colorstay or Photoready)
- Almay loose powder
- Physician's formula ANYTHING (their bronzers, blush, powders, foundations are all natural and organic with lovely minerals and most are under $20)
- Rimmel Anti-Fatigue under eye concealer (only 4 bucks!)
- L'Oreal and Maybelline consistently make great mascaras, my fav cheapies are L'Oreal Voluminous with the curved brush and Maybelline The Falsies.
- Annabelle smoothliner for pencil eyeliner and also Annabelle eyebrow pencil
- L'Oreal Lineur Intense for liquid liner
- as for eyeshadows, I do believe you must spend a little more to get decent pigmented eyeshadows. Lots of people swear by the Maybelline eyeshadow quads, which come in lots of different colour combinations (4 each) and are really cheap. Annabelle's eyeshadows are also not bad. Personally I spend a little more in this area, for example on Urban Decay or Make Up Forever palettes (more pricey but if you get a GOOD neutral set they can last you YEARS).
- Really... anything. Just browse Shoppers Drug Mart and you will be attracted to all the pretty colours and all of them pretty much do the same thing.
- CoverGirl Lip Stain pens are AWESOME
- Rimmel makes awesome gloss and lipstick!
Hope this helps!