Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Public Dreams 25th Birthday

A few weeks ago, the Public Dreams Society celebrated its 25th Birthday. I wish I could explain what the Public Dreams Society is but I'm still trying to figure it out! I think it is a society that promotes community involvement in the arts by hosting fantastic events. Thanks to my involvement with flamenco, I had a chance to participate in the 25th birthday bash. There were electronic graffiti boards, LED hula hoopers, swing dancers, girls wearing balloon dresses, stilt walkers in blue and white rococo wigs(?), a band performing, walking characters, Brazilian drummers, face painters, tarot card readers, people in Venetian masks... There was a tea party in one corner and a magician in another corner; artists at work on their canvases and flamenco dancers! It was like being in wild and colourful carnivale! If you are wondering, that flamenco dancer in the foreground is my teacher :)

1 comment:

Fleur-de-Lis said...

Wow! thanks so much for sharing these photos! It must have been amazing :D