Thursday, April 21, 2011

Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)

This was such a great day (except when our hockey team lost miserably)! It was one of those "door-opening" days and I had a big smile on my face! This might seem like a strange choice but I decided to top this day with the black and white classic, Arsenic and Old Lace (click for trailer and links to watch). I got to play Elaine Harper in my high school production and of all the plays we did, this was my favourite! Cary Grant and his speedy talking ways is drama critic, Mortimer Brewster, who must contend with a family filled with secrets, quirks and rather murderous habits!I hope you get a chance to see it becuase it's really quite an entertaining classic. Make yourself some popcorn or those delicious lavender cookies and enjoy! Until tomorrow! :)

No comments: