Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Pearl of Dorset

I'm reading the Jane Austen novel, Persuasion, right now and I think I'd like to go to Lyme Regis. It's a lovely seaside town that is known as the Pearl of Dorset and has been a getaway destination for Jane Austen and Beatrix Potter! One of its quirky claims to fame is the discovery of fossils, making it part of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage site.I would love to walk where Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth walked along the Cobb with the Harvilles, Captain Benwick and the Musgroves....And take pictures of the charming artificial bay (the Cobb is a medieval structure) and lampposts...
Here's a random but interesting post about Lyme and it's history.

1 comment:

Fleur-de-Lis said...

Hi dear* Great photos! I've never read that novel, but i see it must be very interesting :)