Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ridington Room

I've been sitting in the library. Just sitting. After an all-nighter writing about medieval imagery and then cramming for my exam this morning on costume design, I'm rocking the raccoon look right now! Sitting in one of the very much coveted comfy chairs in the Ridington Room, I've put on a good show of being in deep thought, when really, not much going on up there right now!I love the atmosphere of libraries: the smell of old books, the quiet concentration, and, in this particular study hall, the "modern Harry Potter" feel of the winding staircase and portrait covered walls...This is pretty much what I look like right now...except sitting in front of the window looking at bare trees...and not across from the chandelier, which is an image of the globe (I think) when you stand in just the right spot...

1 comment:

Fleur-de-Lis said...

hi!! Thanks for the comment :) I must say i identified myself a lot with this post. I feel so comfortable in libraries. As you know, i work a lot in that environment and archives, with wonderful old books. The smell of old scrolls and books always takes me to other worlds..
Thanks for sharing***